We are looking for a skilled HR Officer who will recruit, support and develop talent through developing policies and managing procedures. You will be responsible for administrative tasks, help us grow our IT teams and you’ll contribute to making the company a better place to work.
If you are passionate about HR and highly efficient, give us a chance to meet you. We expect you to have knowledge of various HR functions. We want to see a committed and approachable individual and be impressed with your character and skills.
In addition to the general HR functions, as a recruiter, your responsibilities include sourcing, screening and providing a shortlist of qualified candidates for various technical roles. You will also network online and offline with potential candidates to promote our employer brand, reduce our time-to-hire and ensure we attract the best professionals.
The goal will be to provide excellent assistance and support to employees and managers, build a strong tech talent pipeline and help hire and retain skilled employees for our IT positions.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems.
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans.
- Assist in performance management processes.
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
- Maintain employee records (attendance etc.) according to policy and legal requirements.
- Overseeing the health and safety of all employees.
- Conduct Employee engagement activities for employee retention and creating a healthy working environment.
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads, and managing the hiring process.
- Write and post technical job descriptions.
- Source potential candidates on niche platforms, like Stack Overflow and GitHub.
- Parse specialized skills and qualifications to screen IT resumes.
- Perform pre-screening calls to analyze applicants’ abilities.
- Arranging telephone, video, or in-person interviews.
- Performing background and reference checks.
- Keeping track of all applicants as well as keeping applicants informed on the application process.
- Coordinate with team leaders to forecast department goals and hiring needs.
- Craft and send personalized recruiting emails with current job openings to passive candidates.
- Offering job positions and completing the relevant paperwork.
- Conduct job and task analyses to document job duties and requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with new technological trends and products.
- Handle company’s social media pages.
- Promote company’s reputation as a great place to work.
- A bachelor’s of science or human resources degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ethics and reliability.
- Solid understanding of HR practices and labour legislation.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities.
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.).
- A good understanding of technology and technical skills.
- Solid knowledge of sourcing techniques (ex: social media recruiting and Boolean search).
- Experience in recruitment processes and platforms.
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus.
- Good interpersonal and decision-making skills.
- Experience as an HR officer, administrator, or other HR position is a plus.
- Proven work experience as a recruiter.
- Technical expertise with an ability to understand and explain job requirements for IT roles.
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems and resume databases.